Our Loan Servicing System
Flexible enough to handle any loan or debt type in existence (ex: Perkins Loans, Health & Nursing Loans, Primary Care Loans, Institutional Loans, Private/Alternative Loans, Virtual Loans and your Delinquent Account Receivables), our loan servicing platform called “SAL” (which is an acronym for “Stand-A-Loan”) provides 24/7/365 system access with real-time processing for you and your staff. Most importantly, SAL is a comprehensive and fully compliant student loan billing and collection system, which utilizes our state-of-the-art “Fund File” technology to store an electronic copy of all federal and/or institutional promissory note parameters to ensure accurate and compliant SAL System processing.
Innovative and Flexible Billing & Repayment Options:
● US Postal Corrective Software Updates for Zip+4+2 Postal Pre-Sorts
● Paper Billing Statements, Electronic Billing Statements and/or Coupon Books
● Permanent and Temporary ACH Payment Options 4x's per Month
● On-Demand ACH Payments via eChecks
● On-Demand and Recurring Credit Card Payments via MasterCard, Discover and AMEX
● Fully integrated international payment capabilities via PeerTransfer
Fully Interactive and Integrated Borrower, Client & Collection Agency Websites:
● Release of Information Updates for FERPA Compliance
● Demographic Information Updates
● Flexible, Online, ACH and Credit Card Payment Options
● Banking Information Updates
● Electronic Billing Statements Uploaded Monthly and Stored Indefinitely
● Access to view "Current Account Balance Information” (ex: Payoff Information, History, etc.)
● Access to view Electronic Tax Forms (ex: 1098-E and 1098-T Forms)*
● Entitlement Form Download Capabilities for Deferments, Cancellations, etc.
● Complete Online Entrance Interviews, Regulation Z Disclosures & eSign Promissory Notes *
● Complete Online Exit Interviews *
● Review Electronic Disclosure Statements *
Comprehensive Collection Tools:
● (17) Borrower Search Options: SSN, SID#, Email Address, Phone #, Maiden Name, etc.
● Fully Customized Auto Agency Placement & Retraction Module
● "4-Click" Manual Agency Account Placement Options
● All Agency Placements uploaded to our Collection Agency Website within 24 hrs.
● Fully Integrated Collection Module for In-House Collection Departments
● Automatic Tickler Review System with "Next Step" Options
Fully Integrated Document Writer:
● Instantly create (999) Custom Letters via MS Word Merge-Field Technology
● Instantly create Exit Interviews, LVC Forms, Government Assignment Forms, etc.
● Automatic Audit Trail Memo Creation, Letter Fee Assessment & Tickler Review Date Options
Standard and Custom Interface Options:
● Award Files for Online Entrance Counseling & ePromissory Note Creation
● eSigned Prom Note Response Files to automatically ‘release disbursements” within your Financial Aid System
● New Loan & Advance Files for Borrower Account Creation
● Demographic File Updates for Student ID#s and School Email Addresses
● Registration & Graduation Exit File Matches for automated “Borrower Separations”
● In-School Student Deferment Processing through the National Student Clearinghouse
● Monthly NSLDS Reporting
● Holds & Releases on Transcripts based on Delinquency and Unsigned Exit Interviews
● State Tax Offset Files
Standard and Custom Management Reports:
In an effort to meet every client’s needs, Heartland ECSI is the only servicer that offers unlimited report flexibility. At your request, we’re willing to create and/or customize any new (or existing) Management Report to meet your specific reporting needs. When desired, all reports may be run in ‘real-time’ or customized according to your specific field and layout requirements, sort and sequence criteria, and report frequency. Most importantly, every Management Report is uploaded and stored on Heartland ECSI’s secure Client Website and is instantly available in MS Excel and PDF Formats, when needed.
News & Views
November 10, 2015
Christopher Sebes Named Head of Heartland Commerce
October 30, 2015
Heartland Acquires Digital Dining
August 24, 2015
Heartland Named Best Company to Sell For Second Consecutive Year by Selling Power Magazine
View our News Page to read the latest news.
View our Events Page to see where you can find Heartland ECSI next.
School Contact Info
General Support 1.800.437.6931
Loan Servicing 1.888.549.3274
Student / Borrower Contact Info
Tuition Payment Plans 1.866.927.1438
Tax Documents 1.866.428.1098
(c) 2013 Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY)
Heartland Payment Systems Inc. is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA, and The Bankcorp Bank, Philadelphia, PA.
Mission & Core Values
General Sales 1.866.841.3274
Support for Schools
Student Loan Services
Tuition Payment Plans
Tax Document Services