Tax Document Services
As the largest 1098-T Tax Form Processor in the country, Heartland ECSI’s Tax Document Solutions are designed to work in accordance with the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 (TRA-97), which requires all eligible educational institutions to send their students a 1098-T Tax Form to report amounts billed (or paid) for qualified tuition, related expenses, scholarships, grants, etc., by January 31st each year.
When done in-house, 1098-T season can take a big toll on an institution’s time, resources, and budget. Many schools who had tried to comply with TRA-97 regulations have found themselves bogged down in manual processes (such as printing and folding forms, stuffing envelopes, etc.), hiring extra staff, and being overwhelmed with endless inbound student calls and requests for reprints.
And for those schools that have already outsourced their 1098-Ts, many are concerned about the financial liabilities related to IRS Penalty Notice 972CG for missing or incorrect Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TINs) and that they might be paying too much for the services that they’re actually receiving.
As a Heartland ECSI TaxSelect client, we’ll make 1098-T season simple for you and your staff by providing a stress-free, turn-key, implementation process that includes the following:
● A dedicated TaxSelect Conversion Coordinator to walk you through the entire process.
● Experienced programming support for data file testing.
● Quality assurance reviews for data form accuracy and exception reporting.
● Print center services to ensure that all of your 1098-T tax forms are mailed prior to the January 31st
● Electronic upload and storage of all 1098-T tax form images to our user-friendly student and client
websites for instant, 24x7x365, on-line access.
● User-friendly 1098-T correction tools for easy on-line editing.
● Electronic data file submission to the IRS by the March 31st deadline.
● Tier 1 Call Center Support for both your staff and your students.
News & Views
November 10, 2015
Christopher Sebes Named Head of Heartland Commerce
October 30, 2015
Heartland Acquires Digital Dining
August 24, 2015
Heartland Named Best Company to Sell For Second Consecutive Year by Selling Power Magazine
View our News Page to read the latest news.
View our Events Page to see where you can find Heartland ECSI next.
School Contact Info
General Support 1.800.437.6931
Loan Servicing 1.888.549.3274
Student / Borrower Contact Info
Tuition Payment Plans 1.866.927.1438
Tax Documents 1.866.428.1098
(c) 2013 Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY)
Heartland Payment Systems Inc. is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA, and The Bankcorp Bank, Philadelphia, PA.
Mission & Core Values
General Sales 1.866.841.3274
Support for Schools
Student Loan Services
Tuition Payment Plans
Tax Document Services